Director of Programming and Curation . The Wing
The Director of Programming and Curation is responsible for leading The Wing’s Global Programming and Curation team, and ensuring all events and programs are designed to improve the member experience and promote retention. We are searching for a strong leader who is a data-driven decision maker that leads the ideation, development and execution of new programs, event formats, and more.
This role reports to the Director of Community, and oversee the Programming and Curation Manager, as well as all local curators. Additionally, this person is responsible for ensuring the seamless and efficient operation of the curation team, including: timely deliveries of calendars, on-boarding onto new systems, and supporting the team members’ growth and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Development of domestic and global events vision and strategy that spans all business units and creates value for members.
- Lead on the development and rollout of National & International Professional Development Verticals, including: educational series, support groups, and more.
- Work directly with Programming and Curation Manager on building out structured brand standards to deploy to all locations, these include: Cadence of Events, Verticals of Content-Types, Target number of “big hitter” events vs. niche events
- Work with Senior Manager, Member Events as well as local curators to develop annual programming budget.
- Play a lead role alongside the Member Experience team leads in the development of dynamic and diverse event calendars for all Wing locations.
- Using Member Data and Retention goals, lead the development and roll out of new Member Programming initiatives including: Ideation and ExecutionMeasuring Success, Building for Scale.
- Develop Programs & Initiatives that are touchstone moments in the member journey.
- Ensure all properties are maximizing programming efforts that drive revenue
- Lead on the development of national and international partnerships with programming partners, and build exceptional relationship to enhance programming opportunities
- Manage and oversee consultants and talent agencies, to ensure they deliver on their expectations.
- Attend events as necessary, particularly for white glove talent management.
- Maintain regular presence at Wing locations with a view towards developing relationships with members which will in turn inform and inspire programming concepts.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure efficiency across all inter-team programming efforts.
- Manage, coach, and support the growth of the Local Curators and the Programming and Curation Manager.
- Develop the team to grow for scale.
- Train new team members and ensure new hires are set up for success.
- Develop the brand playbook and SOPs for brand level programming on property to drive consistency in programming concepts