amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research
Manage and administer all photography and video assets for the Foundation. Act as department liaison to facilitate communications, including the transfer of photos and videos, with the Events department and external constituents. Coordinate operations and logistics of short- and long-term media projects for the Public Information department as well as special campaigns and projects for the Foundation overall.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage amfAR’s photo and video archiving system; organize all photos for the Foundation and ensure that they are uploaded into the system. Responsible for properly tagging and writing descriptions for each photo.
- Work with Fundraising and Business Partnerships to create the photoshot list and donor seating chart for each event. The Media Specialist will coordinate with the event photographer(s) in advance of each event to ensure that all required sponsor, donor, and celebrity photographs are captured.
- Work with the event photographer(s) during events to ensure that all sponsor, donor, and celebrity photographs are captured.
- Work with the event photographer(s) to receive all of the photographs on a storage drive following each event. Responsible for distributing approved photos to corporate sponsors, donors, and partners.
- Capture photographs at events and work with the Social Media Specialist to provide social coverage for the Foundation’s social media platforms.
- Coordinate with the Web Content Manager to ensure that the approved event photos are uploaded to the amfAR website/photo galleries. All celebrity photos must be approved by the Senior Media Relations Director.
- Coordinate with the IT department to ensure that the photo archiving system is functioning properly and that any necessary upgrades are implemented.
- Create videos and sizzle reels to be shown at board meetings and potentially fundraising events.
- Liaise with the Events and Public Information teams to ensure that all event videos have been approved and are working properly. Responsible for the handoff of videos to the production team before the event begins.
- Coordinate with the Events team to receive the final event video and upload it into the Foundation’s archiving system.
- When needed, capture video sound bites on the red carpet at events.
- Support the VP of Public Information by creating a program video update and media sizzle reel for February and September board meetings.
- Complete other projects as directed by the VP of Public Information.
- Conducts photo and video research, selects appropriate visual materials to use in digital communications.
- Work with Public Information team to create videos for social media platforms, as needed
- Support all content creation and curation initiatives across a range of media (video, print, digital, etc.).
- BA or degree in Creative Arts.
- One to three years of photography, photo editing, and video production experience.
- Demonstrated organizational ability.
- Must have portfolio of prior work. Proficiency with Dropbox, Picasa, Portfolio, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Avid Pro Tools, InDesign, Illustrator, and MS Office applications.. Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-moving environment. Flexibility to work extended hours and travel both domestically and internationally.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org