RF|Binder is looking for a Director, Talent and Culture, to support our passionate, dedicated team and continue to cultivate a dynamic, transparent, engaged, and hard-working culture. The Director will be an exceptional and entrepreneurial individual with strong emotional intelligence, as well as proven experience in talent management. They should have the ability to manage through a period of change and growth, someone who is extremely goal-oriented with team building skills that develop people to their fullest potential and drive the consultancy’s team forward.
The Director will develop and implement innovative, creative, high-impact people management and learning strategies that enable organizational rigor and agility to drive outstanding business performance. This new position, located at our NYC headquarters, and reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Strategy, will work closely with the senior management team to cultivate an environment that can attract, develop and retain outstanding talent.
The Director’s responsibilities will include overseeing the execution of talent acquisition, on-boarding, performance management, training and leadership development programs, learning and knowledge management systems, and will be a steward of our culture.
Responsibilities and Job Focus:
- Develop goals and strategy of People: Align with business objectives in the selection, development and retention of team members. Collaborate with leaders in communicating and influencing organizational change efforts. These may fall within the areas of: Performance Management, Learning and Development, Organizational Assessments, and Talent
- Manage talent acquisition: Oversee employee orientation, onboarding as well as development and training. Support full-cycle recruitment process with a deep understanding for the business as well as a being technical savvy for strategic recruitment methods and technology
- Manage talent development: Oversee training and leadership development, performance management, career progression, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management. Develop and implement clear, effective performance management tools and processes; support all managers as they put these into practice
- Manage and lead the Intern and Associate programs: This includes recruitment at universities, leading the selection process, orientation and training
- Nurture a healthy, positive company culture: This includes setting and communicating behavioral guidelines and expectations; organizing team-building activities; cultivating a sense of purpose; modeling and enabling positive team interactions and communications; collaborating with other team members to maintain an inspiring and productive work environment
- Communicate updates to leadership and the full agency: This includes formal and informal updates on internal initiatives and acting as primary liaison across the agency
- Run point on management communications: This includes internal updates and internal meetings. Establish credibility and strong working relationships with the leadership team as well as across the overall organization as a whole.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive Human Resources professional experience, ideally from a services oriented business, with a focus on talent development and culture creation
- Strong business acumen and business partnering skills as well as the ability to take a creative and analytical approach to human resources in the context of business opportunities and initiatives
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, growing, evolving work environment and ability to thrive and be successful within it
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, persuasive and a great relationship builder
- Current knowledge of all state & local laws, diversity awareness & compliance
- Must have tremendous initiative and drive to perform tasks independently and within a matrixed environment
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and flexible in approach and attitude towards work assignments and challenges
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as a strong attention to detail are a must
- Must have experience working closely with senior level executives within an organization
- Deep understanding and experience with the recruitment lifecycle for all levels as well as across geographies
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-Tax Transit Program
- 401(k) Plan and Annual Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Fridays