This week 52 new job openings in the nonprofit Jewish community were posted on JewishJobs.com. To apply, post your resume on JewishJobs.com.
8 Job Postings from Met Life:
- Assistant General Counsel – RIS Structured Products – New York, NY, US, 0
- Assistant General Counsel – Reinsurance – New York, NY, US, 0
- VP, Model Validation – New York, NY, US, 10166
- Corporate Counsel – New York, NY, US, 10016
- Corporate Counsel – New York, NY, US, 10016
- Senior Corporate Counsel – New York, NY, US, 10016
- Director, Projects/ Programs – NY, NY, US, 10166
- Claims Adjuster – Casualty – Troy, NY, US, 12180
The Director of the Executive Division serves as the chief staff person overseeing the management and functions of the division and reports to the Executive Director/CEO of the organization. The individual is responsible for the oversight of the organization’s support for: The National Assembly/National Board; Office of the Past Presidents; Office of the National Secretary; Hadassah Magazine; Missions; Building Hadassah Community (BHC); Convention; Young Judea and Youth Aliyah Projects and; Hadassah Medical Organization (HMO). The individual also serves as liaison to the National HMO Chair. The Director of the Executive Division will also work closely with the Division’s Coordinator (and/or Vice Coordinator as appropriate).
Responsibilities of the Director of the Executive Division include but are not limited to:
- Represent the division at organizational meetings such as the Directors’ meeting, Priority Realization Committee (PRC) and other committees as appropriate;
- Serve as staff liaison to the appropriate departments within the division;
- Serve as the functional leader of the Executive Division’s administrative staff;
- Collect critical and required information necessary for efficient decision making of the division;
- Ensure that the staff of the Executive Division is held accountable for deliverables assigned by the National President, Executive Director/CEO, the National Secretary, the Division Coordinator (and/or Vice Coordinator as appropriate), Portfolio Council Officer and National HMO Chair;
- Ensure that meeting objectives of the division are realistic, that preparation is appropriate and that the National President, Executive Director/CEO, National Secretary, and Coordinator are well prepared for meetings, conferences and other priorities;
- Develop and manage detailed project plans to track progress toward goals and intended outcomes for the division.
- Prepare and assemble all division reports for organizational purposes (e.g. annual plan, mid-year and end-of-year reports);
- Proactively identify issues that could impact the successful execution of the Executive Division’s functions both in the U.S. and Israel;
- Develop draft communications on behalf of the President, Executive Director/CEO and division coordinator and/or conduct research in support of these communications.
- At least 5-7 years of successful equivalent or relative management experience in a complex organizational environment;
- Excellent organizational best practice and time management skills; superior attention to detail and responsiveness;
- Nimble self-starter; able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, re-prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of multiple priorities or unexpected situations with a high level of discretion;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the intellectual and emotional depth, maturity and collaborative team-driven nature to partner effectively across the entire organization and externally with Hadassah partners;
- Experience in leading and driving cross-functional projects to successful completion;
- A strong work ethic, ability to maintain and model high personal, ethical and professional standards, as well as an outgoing and positive personality; a sense of humor and perspective;
- Diplomatic problem-solver;Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong drive and self-motivation; a willingness to work until the job gets done
- Demonstrated discretion, confidentiality, transparency and integrity are key personal traits.
- A commitment to the mission and goals of the organization; specifically, to the nature of volunteer engagement, participation and leadership;
- Open to feedback and continuous learning
- Familiarity with American Jewish community structures and institutions, and knowledge of Israel and its institutions;
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA, MPA or equivalent preferred.
Associate DirectorZOA’s Fuel For Truth
The Associate Director, ZOA’s Fuel For Truth is responsible for teaching the program’s Israel advocacy Boot Camp class for young professionals in multiple cities, building relationships with participants and alumni, and helping expand the program to new markets.This position can operate out of national headquarters in Midtown Manhattan or from a virtual office in Miami, Boston or Chicago.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
READ MORE HERE
Associate Program OfficerCrohn’s Disease, Prevention
Position SummaryHelmsley seeks an Associate Program Officer (APO) for its Crohn’s Disease Program’s Prevention pillar to develop a novel patient-focused grants portfolio intended to design and implement on-invasive dietary interventions and prevent Crohn’s disease. The APO will have a visionary mindset, driven by foresight and an entrepreneurial spirit to help identify better and/or new ways for preventing or delaying the progression if Crohn’s disease. The APO will assist the Program Director and Officer in the administration of funded projects, as well as help to identify and develop new initiatives focusing on the treatment of Crohn’s disease.
The Crohn’s Disease ProgramHelmsley’s Crohn’s Disease Program, which made its first grant in 2009, is committed to finding cures, and until then to improving quality of life and care and finding better treatments for Crohn’s disease. To date, the program, which has rapidly become the largest private foundation funder in Crohn’s disease, has awarded over $200 million to scientists and clinicians across the globe. As part of our current strategy, we are looking to build a portfolio of grants focused on prevention, diagnostic, therapeutic and disease management, meeting people with Crohn’s disease where they are to improve the quality of their lives.
|Religious School Teacher Temple Har Shalom||Warren, NJ|
|Executive Assistant to Chief Israel Emissary and Boruchin Fund Jewish National Fund||New York City, NY|
|Religious School Teacher Temple Akiba||Culver City, CA|
|President World Union for Progressive Judaism||New York City, NY|
|Associate Program Officer, Israel Program The Leona M. and Harry B Helmsley Charitable Trust||New York City, NY|
|Executive Director Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills||Beverly Hills, CA|
|Executive Director Sidney Albert Albany Jewish Community Center||Albany, NY|
|Operations and Education Assistant Hill Havurah||Washington, DC|
|Family and Program Coordinator Friendship Circle of Miami||Miami, FL|
|Develop and Communications Associate Hillel at Drexel University||Philadelphia, PA|
|Community Outreach Liaison Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|IAC ACT Program Manager Israeli American Council||Miami, FL|
|Los Angeles Regional Director Israeli American Council||Woodland Hills, CA|
|Human Resources Coordinator American Jewish Committee||New York City, NY|
|Marketing and Communications Assistant Manager USCJ||New York City, NY|
|Admissions & Program Associate for Nativ & Yozma The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism||New York City, NY|
|Head of School Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy||Shawnee Mission, KS|
|Director, Miami-Dade Jewish National Fund||Miami, FL|
|Director JCamp 180||Agawam, MA|
|Planning Assistant, Community LAB/Resources UJA Federation New York||New York City, NY|
|Associate Director of Development American Jewish University||Los Angeles, CA|
|Assistant Director of Affiliate Support Reconstructing Judaism||Wyncote, PA|
|Religious School Coordinator Temple Solel||Paradise Valley, AZ|
|Assistant Director of Camp and Family Programs Adolph & Rose Levis JCC||Boca Raton, FL|
|Upper School Principal, Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy||Rockville, MD|
|Administrative Coordinator Moishe House||Encinitas, CA|
|Accounts Payable Associate Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County||Boca Raton, FL|
|Development Director. Baltimore, MD Friends of the Israel Defense Forces||Pikesville, MD|
|Gal room for F in Bergen County: Brooklyn, NY||Brooklyn, NY|
|F mate for F in Thornhill: None||Thornhill , XX|